Powerful Reasons to include
into your Everyday Routine!
So, what does the research actually say?
- In diabetic studies, apple cider vinegar (ACV) showed the ability to decrease serum glucose by nearly ½!
- Those with marginal glucose levels showed the most reductions, with only 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar daily.
- Patients who took 2 tablespoons for roughly a month lost an average of 4 pounds, with no other dietary changes!
- Current studies are exploring ACV’s effects on cancer cells, and esophageal cancer is at the forefront of these studies.
- ACV may boost serotonin levels, giving you a positive outlook!
- ACV is an acid, but it actually triggers alkalinity inside the body, this may have a significant effect on cancer cells which thrive in acidic environments.
So, how does it work?
The real hero of the story may be ACV’s chemical make-up, which promotes an absorption-friendly pH, leading to better utilization and distribution of vitamins and minerals! ACV also increases trace mineral use, like iron, which is vital for oxygen transport and red blood cell formation. This could provide more energy, as oxygen makes its way to each and every cell, and increase metabolic processes naturally! ACV also promotes healthy skin, hair, and cell membrane health, by increasing fatty acid metabolism and breakdown.
ACV provides a rich source of plant-based particles you may have heard of, called phytochemicals. These plant components are so mysterious that research hasn’t even recognized them all yet! But, we do know that they are potent in defending our bodies from pathogens and premature cellular breakdown ACV provides natural phytochemicals to reduce inflammation, recycle antioxidants, promote healthy metabolic processes and contribute greatly to total health!
So, how can I use ACV every day?
- Mix 1 tablespoon with 8 ounces of water and drink in the morning for a metabolic booster!
- In a spray bottle, dilute a few teaspoons with 6 oz. of water, and add a squeeze of lemon for a natural “bleach-like” spray.
- Use ACV as a morning toner to energize sleepy skin; it may even reduce the darkness of age spots, wrinkles and fine lines!
- Drink a swig the next time you have hiccups and see if they don’t go away instantaneously!
- Drink before meals for maximum vitamin and mineral absorption.
- Combat hunger and sugar cravings with a spoonful.
- Mix with essential oils, and castile soap for an all natural, hypoallergenic laundry detergent.
Look for raw, unpasteurized brands that are not see-through. You want ACV to appear cloudy and have residues present inside upon shaking for maximum effectiveness.
The Doc’s Commentary:
We require our Clinical Weight Loss clients to consume about an ounce of ACV a day for so many reasons. The two main reasons being that while it is acidic, nutritionally it is alkaline. Creating alkalinity in your body will make you better able to fight off bacteria and cancer cells (both thrive in an acidic environment). The other main reason is it acts like a metabolism booster. Many of our clients come in with sluggish metabolisms, so we give them a little boost with ACV!
Some dieters will just fill a shot glass with ACV and shoot it! If that just isn’t for you diluting it in water or adding it to your salad or veggies is another easy way to make sure you are ingesting the required amount. Keep in mind, it may be difficult the first few times to get use to the strong flavor and odor, suck it up! It is absolutely worth the health benefits for you to stick it out and make it a part of your daily regime! 🙂
Our Clinical Weight Loss Program is not just about trying to get skinny, it’s about getting HEALTHY!! This not only makes our program different from other programs that are out there, but it also allows us to get fantastic results that stick around!
Your cheerleader and guide
~ Dr. Mary Beth Green
Kristen Rohrer M.S. M.Ed. is our intern, earning hours to go towards her doctorate in Nutrition. She has been helping us build content for our website and social media as well as learning through one on one interaction with our clients!
- Mercola J. What the Research Says about Apple Cider Vinegar. Written June 2 2009: Accessed June 6 2016. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/06/02/apple-cider-vinegar-hype.aspx.
- Elkaim Y. The Surprising Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar. Written December 6 2013: Accessed June 6 2016. http://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/eat-run/2013/12/06/the-surprising-benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar.
- The Gerson Institute. 8 Amazing Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar. Written April 24 2013: Accessed June 6 2016. http://gerson.org/gerpress/8-amazing-uses-for-apple-cider-vinegar/.